We’re Hiring! WordPress Web Developer
May 3, 2021
Full Time / In-person or Remote
Front-end WordPress Web Developer // Web Designer
We are looking to hire a skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins.
To ensure success as a WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ability to create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications of the client.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Knowledge on setting up custom post types and custom WordPress organization.
- Experience designing and developing responsive websites
- UX & UI website design and website wireframing experience, or ability to cooperate with design team to match visual design intent
- Experience with Adobe CC programs including Adobe XD, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of proper optimizing images, content, and code for best web experience (loading times)
- Familiar with basic ADA best practices
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (meta tags and proper heading structures)
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome inspector, Firebug, etc.
- Familiarity with the following plugins and tools are a plus:
- Beaver Builder Visual Builder, or similar visual builders (Beaver Themer)
- Building custom blocks in the native WordPress visual editor (i.e. Gutenberg)
- Advanced Custom Fields
- Gravity Forms
- Troubleshooting content issues
- Ability to conduct WordPress site training with the client
- Monitoring the performance of the live website
- Basic understanding of implementing Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager as well and basic understanding Google Analytics reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree or working toward a degree
- Preferred Majors and/or Minors: Web Design, Computer Science, Interactive Media, Graphic Design, Marketing (or similar)
- Relevant project work from freelance, agency, or corporate environments
- Strong portfolio of work demonstrating creative thinking
- Self-motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively as part of a team
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Strong copywriting and design skills are preferred, but not required
Our Fierce Creative team is passionate about their craft, works well under creative pressure and enjoys the challenge of solving problems for clients while meeting deadlines. This, while creating something visually delightful in the process. The environment is fast-paced and challenging in a wide range of project work. Great for a person who is self-motivated, can quickly adapt and is looking to build out their portfolio on both local and national brand work. FC is looking for an individual who can add to our team with fresh perspective, solutions and demonstrates a strong work ethic. If this sounds exciting, yet makes you anxious at the same time, then it might be a great fit. We are excited to meet you (virtually for now) and see how we may be able to work together.
Contact Kate to Apply:
Kate Manfull, Owner
Fierce Creative Agency